At The Fruit Company, our goal is to grow food in a way that nurtures the land, protects wildlife and benefits people’s health.
- Our orchard management methods minimize spraying and other environmentally disruptive practices.
- We manage problems in the orchard through practices such as careful mowing and monitoring of growing conditions.
- We use natural predators such as ladybird beetles to eliminate harmful pests when possible.
- We use the least amount of pesticides and fungicides in the most scientific and responsible way.
Agricultural Water Conservation
We can determine how much water is needed to maximize productivity while minimizing water waste by:
- Accurately measuring and monitoring soil moisture.
- Using irrigation flow meters to calculate the efficiency of irrigation systems and identify leaks.
With these methods, we’re able to conserve water and use it efficiently.